Friday, October 16, 2015

Importance of Family


     In my opinion there is no perfect family. Every family is different but can still find its own perfection. "Any family is a big empty pot , save for what gets thrown in" (Kingsolver 31). This quote shows how a family can be what you make of it. If you embrace everyone in your family it will be a good soup but if you don't it will just be stone soup. 

     Families don't even have to be blood related. People could be married into a family of adopted in and they should be as much a part of the family as the people that are blood related. Families are a group of people that are happy together and are somehow bonded to each other.

     To me my family is everything. We share our good and bad days. We push through hard days and try to make good ones last longer. Laughter or tears we are still there for each other. I learn things from my family and my family learns from me. We share qualities and have our own. "Saturday! The last Saturday in their old home" (Smith 482). The quote shows how Francie and her family pushed through their rough days together and have made it to more cheerful ones. Katie is getting married and they are moving into a nicer home. They made it through their hard times because, they stuck together as a family.

     My family is the most important part of my life. We are all very close and spend lots of time together. I would consider my family my mom, dad, sister, nana, grampy, my aunts and uncles, cousins and their spouses, and even my dog. All these people and pets have qualities we all share. A family should share similar qualities and interests. We also have some qualities that are very different. One example is my cousin can sing very well but he's the only person in our entire family, other than his wife, that can sing. Evidence that we all share some qualities is that we are all extremely goofy. We like to joke around, laugh together, and smile so much it hurts. We like to make each other happy which, is what makes us a family. "I'm there too, witnessing a family fortune" (Kingsolver 1). The author tells a story of a boy who had a large cheering section. The section was so large because he had his step parent and step siblings at the game too. This family is very close even though the original marriages didn't work out. They are definitely making the boy happy as a family should do.


     One of the most important parts of being a family is being there for each other through tough times. If someone in your family is having trouble you should be right by there side. "Francie felt important being in sole charge" (Smith 333). When Katie is pregnant she needs someone to depend on. Francie is there for whatever she needs. Francie is a great family member for being there when Katie needs her most. When you have a family you should never feel as if you are facing your problems alone. Your family should get you through your problems and into better days. A true family member will be there to pick you up when you start to fall.




No comments:

Post a Comment